You know I can’t really seem to score and Atari game with a number rating, it seems to harsh and for the matter hard. For an Atari game on a 2600, the controls are basic you have one button and a joystick. Some games require you to use the paddle controller otherwise, they are simply controls and really don’t need to be reviewed unless noted. Graphics for these games only start to get better (I mean upgrade) when we get to high end console such as the LYNX and JAGUAR.
What I am trying to say is here is a simple rating system for any and all Atari 2600-7800 games.
- BAD– This game is awful and should be thrown back into the dungeon where it came from.
- HMM– the game is neither good or bad its just there to exist
- OK– The game has some interesting quality to it
- GOOD– You leave beating this game with a sense of accomplishment but you know that you can’t really beat an Atari game or can you…
- GREAT– You can play this game over and over and feel good knowing that you have a great game on you hands.
- AMAZING– The best of the best video games belong here but is there an Atari game worth this score?
Now for any games above 7800 such as LYNX and JAGUAR, I will be using a Number scoring system.